Butt exercises are one of my favorites to do, but I never know where to start. Luckily, our instructors take the time to give a little more focus on glutes in our workouts! I’ve narrowed down 4 butt lifting exercises that are easy to do at home or on the go.
Why Exercise Your GlutesMost of the time, we’re told to work on our core, arm strength and legs so we forget about our glute muscles. It’s important to strengthen our glutes because it does hold our pelvis steady when we’re active. All that hip rotating and hip action would not be possible without our glute muscles. And a strong booty has its benefits like beating lower back pain and preventing knee pain. Who says a toned and strong booty is just for show??
1. Mid Stance SquatsIn our twerk dance workout, Nicole shows you a very simple move that helps build up your booty muscles. You can do this anytime you want, waiting for your fave show to come back from commercial, in the shower or while brushing your teeth! This is a mid squat so you don’t have to squat all the way down plus pulses which makes the booty 🔥🔥🔥!
2. Calf Raises With A Sumo SquatThis is a fave move of mine and not only because it has the word Sumo in it, but because it’s so fun and works your calves and butt all together! Calf raises are generally really good for your calves, but it also helps tone the booty. This butt lifting exercise from our Strong and Sexy cardio workout class is easy to do and you can do it in a pace you’re comfortable with. Start off in a sumo squat (if you have sensitive knees, stay high) and try not to move your booty as you lift your heel and feel your muscles work.
3. Leg LiftThis move is one of those moves that look really harmless, but inflicts the most burn on that tush. You go on all fours and lift that leg and squeeze that butt! This, no doubt, is a very fun move and believe me after about 10 of these, you’ll start to feel it everywhere. This booty exercise not only shapes your glutes, but it also works on your arm strength and your hamstrings. Now don’t forget about the other leg, babe!
4. High Squat StepsFor this high squat steps move, I love to use fitness bands. You can start off without, but it definitely works best with those booty bands. I think what I love about this move is the simplicity of it. It’s just a step touch move with a little baby squat for the booty, but it works so magically. You feel it working instantaneously and boy, does it burn. Your tush will say thanks for the lift, ma!
Now get those buns of steel working and don’t forget to tag us on social media using #hsfteam and let us know how you’re workin that booty!
Butt Lifting Exercises Anytime, Anywhere!We’re your go-to on-demand dance classes. Our dance workouts are always available 24/7, 365 days! PLUS workout programs you’ll love so stay fit on your own schedule with us.
Download Our 7 Day Dance And Detox And Get More At Home WorkoutsFor our 7 Day Dance And Detox Challenge, you get to try 4 premium dance workouts from our studio FREE! The complete challenge includes:
- 7 days of dance workouts
- build muscle through resistance training
- 11 healthy recipes that help give your metabolism a boost
- Meal-by-meal plan
- A supportive community of women and more…