Boost Your Immune SystemNo one likes getting sick so we’ve created a list of easy ways to boost your immune system. They’re simple and you’ll be able to add them easily to your daily routine.
Nutrition and fitness go hand in hand so improving your immune system is a combination of getting your workout on and making good choices when it comes to food. Making small changes can help improve your lifestyle and you can really see big results in the long run. When it comes to having a healthy immune system, it’s important to detox and keep inflammation down. Drinking plenty of water and eating your recommended servings of veggies is just some of the ways to improve your immune system. Check out the rest of the list below and see how easy it is to boost your immune system!
1. Bye Bye SugarFirst things first, let’s say bye bye to sugar. I don’t just mean sweets in general, there are so many secret sugars in food labels nowadays. I challenge you to go through your pantry or your fridge and see if you can find those secret sugars. Eating too much added sugars can lead to weight gain, blood sugar spikes and can increase heart disease. Added sugar can also cause inflammation which means your immune system becomes weak and can’t defend itself from viruses and bacterias.
2. Protein IntakeProtein is a very important part of building muscles and keeping your organs healthy. The amino acids in protein form the building blocks of your body’s cell and that includes your immune system. Taking in more protein can help curb your sugar cravings too. Men and women have different protein intake needs per day. The average protein intake for women is around 46 grams per day. To calculate your protein intake multiply 0.36 to your body weight and you’ll get your specific protein intake.
View this post on Instagram
*GIVEAWAY CLOSED* Winners: @mandiebrice @ciannaelizabeth @tessyygurl @shoezluvr @planet_jen DM us so we can get your info GIVEAWAY ALERT! 🍄💜We're partnering with @foursigmatic to give 5 boss babes a protein filled gift package! To enter: 👉🏼like this photo 👉🏼follow @hipshakefitness and @foursigmatic 👉🏼tag a friend in the comments (multiple entries allowed) Gift packages includes 1 tub of Superfood Protein, 1 box each best-sellers Reishi Hot Cacao and Mushroom Coffee with Lion's Mane. There will be 5 winners. Giveaway ends on June 21, 2019 11:59pm PST and we'll pick the winners from the comments so tag all your best babes. This giveaway is not sponsored by instagram. Winners will be announced on June 23, 2019. _____ Protein shakes are my go-to bff especially in the mornings. @foursigmatic's Superfood Protein blends perfectly with my strawberry banana smoothie recipe. I think the baby does a little dance when I drink it. @geekcandance #19weekspregnant _____ 6-8 strawberries🍓 1 banana🍌 1 cup almond milk🥛 1 scoop @foursigmatic Superfood Protein💪🏼 Cup of ice❄️
3. Drink More WaterWater isn’t just for quenching thirst, there are so many benefits of drinking water for your body, inside and out. Did you know that when you drink water it helps bring oxygen to your whole body? When your body’s system functions well, your immune system will function adequately as well. Another benefit of drinking water is it makes your digestive system strong so you can properly digest your food. If drinking regular water bores you, you can try infusing your water with fruits or try drinking seltzer water for an added bubbly kick.
4. Eat More VeggiesI know, it’s been said before, but adding veggies to your diet can help boost your immune system. There are more specific veggies that can help like broccoli because it’s supercharged with vitamins and minerals. My favorite recipe is our Arugula Meatball recipe because it’s secretly packed with antioxidants thanks to the arugula. The best part is, you can’t even taste the veggies in this meatball. Enjoy 3 servings of veggies everyday and really feel the difference in your immune system. Try all kinds of vegetables and find what makes you happy.
5. Dance Like Nobody’s WatchingWe all know about the mood boosting benefits that cardio dance has, but did you know it could boost your immune system too? Physical activities like dancing can improve our antibody response to infection. When your heart rate is up from exercising, your white blood cells circulate faster and fight diseases earlier. Guess what? We’ve got over 200 dance workouts you can choose from. This means you can dance like nobody’s watching right at home anytime!
6. Sleep OnDid you know that lack of sleep weakens the immune system? This is especially true when you are exposed to a virus, you are more likely to get sick when you don’t get enough sleep. When you’re sleeping, your body produces proteins and some of these proteins need to increase when you have an infection. Adults usually need seven to eight hours of good sleep, so you might want to start getting to bed earlier.
Download Our 6 Day Hip Hop Reboot And Try Online Twerk DanceFor our 6 Day Hip Hop Reboot, you get to try 4 premium dance workouts from our studio FREE! The complete challenge includes:
- 6 days of hip hop dance moves
- how to twerk classes with Nicole
- build muscle through resistance training
- 9 healthy recipes that help give your metabolism a boost
- Meal-by-meal plan
- A supportive community of women and more…