Hip Hop Dance Songs I LoveI was exposed to hip hop via Bone Thugs N Harmony, but their songs are more for chillin’ and deep thinkin’. Luckily, I was also exposed to Snoop Dogg and that’s when I fell in love with hip hop dance. Listen to my fave track Lodi Dodi below.
Oh yeah, listening to Doggystyle just brings back so many memories. There’s just something about hip hop that makes me feel good, you know? Whenever I’m in a funk, I crank up the golden age of old school hip hop and I start feeling confident and smooth and super cool. My other favorite part of hip hop is the music videos. When I was younger, MTV actually showed music videos and they were amazing! You get to put faces on these lyrical geniuses and learn how to bust a move to their hits. I love TLC’s music video to Waterfalls for that very reason. It doesn’t sound like a song you can dance to, but seeing Chili, T-boz and Left Eye groovin’ to this slow jam gave me all kinds of life! That’s the beauty of hip hop and I’m so excited to share some of these songs that will hopefully make you feel nostalgic!
Have you tried our Old School Hip Hop dance workouts? Learn moves that you can use to dance to your favorite hip hop classics. This class mixes hip hop music with cardio blasting dance moves that will get your heart rate up without feeling like you’re working out.
8. Poison by Bell Biv DeVoeDoesn’t the first beats of this song just make you want to DANCE?? I know I do. I swear, even today, when this song comes on, everybody floods the dance floor. That’s when you know, you’ve got a classic.
7. This Is How We Do It by Montell JordanNeed a hype song that will stand the test of time? This is it babe. Montell Jordan even said he never gets tired of singing this song and I don’t blame him! Now you can bust a move with our Old School Hip Hop choreography when this song comes on.
6. Shoop by Salt-N-Pepa1993 was a bomb year for hip hop because we also got Shoop by Salt-N-Pepa. They were so cool and unapologetic, they were wild women and the first ever female rap group. All the girls looked up to them because before them, we thought hip hop was a mans world.
5. Gin & Juice by Snoop DoggThe man, the OG, the Dogg Father. Whatever you want to call him, we all know him for his catchy beats and funky rhymes. I love that I still hear his songs on the radio and that he’s even DJing now. Who wants to go see DJ Snoop with me??
4. California Love by TupacWhether you rep the east coast or the west coast, you can’t deny the greatness of this song. It makes you want to drive through Sunset Blvd on a low rider and bask in that good ol’ Cali sun! Turn it up and get transported now.
3. Juicy by Notorious BIG“Yeah, this album is dedicated to all the teachers that told me I’d never amount to nothin.” The best revenge is success and that’s what Biggie is all about in this song. So inhale all that swag babe and release your inner OG.
2. Rump Shaker by Wreckx-N-EffectThis is what I’m talking about, a song about shaking your booty! We’re experts on shaking our booties around here so use this song to warm up before your next Tone N Twerk class. It’ll hype you up and be ready to take on that workout!
1. Creep by TLCAre you a Chili or T-Boz or Left Eye? Whichever TLC babe you are, I know you’d rock this choreography. I looked up to these crazy, sexy, cool chicks back in the 90’s and until now.
Download Our 6 Day Hip Hop Reboot And Get Started On Your Dance Journey TodayFor our 6 Day Hip Hop Reboot, you get to try 4 premium dance workouts from our studio FREE! The complete challenge includes:
- 6 days of hip hop cardio dance workouts
- Old School Hip Hop workouts from Ashley
- build muscle through resistance training
- 9 healthy recipes that help give your metabolism a boost
- Meal-by-meal plan
- A supportive community of women and more…