I love my 90’s hip hop dance moves. The grooves are so fun and it’s the best dance style to do socially. It never gets old. It’s also a great style to workout to!.Check out our Old School Hip Hop Classes that are available on the Hip Shake Fitness dance studio. These 90s dance moves have stood the test of time and will always be part of the dance floor.
Hip Hop Dance Moves For BeginnersHip hop dance tutorials are so easy to learn and find nowadays.. Dance tip: If you want to learn these easy 90s hip hop moves, you gotta practice. Repetition is your friend babe!. Once your body gets used to a motion, it becomes easier and easier to recreate. This is why online hip hop dance videos are so great because you can replay it as many times as you need.. Plus, when you find your favorite hip hop moves you can create your own routine to your fave songs.
4 Fave 90s Hip Hop Dance MovesEvery hip hop dance move you see nowadays all stems from Old School Hip Hop. That’s the beauty of dance, it evolves from one move to another. So here are 5 hip hop dance moves from the 90s that you need to know:
1. The Cabbage PatchEverybody has done the Cabbage Patch one time or another! It’s one of the most recognizable hip hop dance move that came from the 90’s. There was a song called The Cabbage Patch that everybody loved. And can you blame them for loving this move? It’s just so fun and silly and as you can see below, you can make it work for you! This move uses your legs, arms and core. Let’s keep the Cabbage Patch alive!
2. The PrepYou gotta groove with your attitude when you’re doing The Prep. This is all about your upper body– arms and shoulders. What I love about this move is that you really get to play with it in terms of energy, levels and speed. The possibility is endless in personalizing this move.
3. The Running ManThe Running Man aka The Hungry Caterpillar originated in the late 80’s, but thanks to Miss Janet Jackson, everyone embraced it in the 90’s. This is a really good cardio move that’s easy, but you really feel the burn on your legs and even your arms. Give it a try and if you really want to get into it, put on Rhythm Nation and pretend like you’re part of the music video!
4. The Humpty DanceThis is a personal fave. If you haven’t heard the song yet, please do yourself a favor and click here. Now that you’re all caught up, this song is MY JAM. I love when Ashley incorporates this move in her Old School Hip Hop workouts. You criss cross your legs and then in a squat, thrust like there’s no tomorrow. It’s the silliest dance, but you work on your legs and your core.
Old School Hip Hop Dance Workouts Anytime, Anywhere!Old School Hip Hop is just one of the hundreds of dance workout classes available in our online studio. We are an inclusive and supportive community of women who are on a journey to get fit through dance. Join today and get 15 DAYS FREE.
Download Our 7 Day Dance And Detox And Learn Easy Hip Hop Dance MovesFor our 7 Day Dance And Detox Challenge, you get to try 4 premium dance workouts from our studio FREE! The complete challenge includes:
- 7 days of dance workouts
- hip hop class with Ashley
- build muscle through resistance training
- 11 healthy recipes that help give your metabolism a boost
- Meal-by-meal plan
- A supportive community of women and more…