Low Carb CrinkleWhat makes a cookie crinkle? The cracks form on the cookies because they are rolled in powdered sugar before baking. So when they come out of the over they have cracks on top which makes them Crinkle Cookies. I have fond memories with Chocolate Crinkle Cookies– from Christmas to recess at school, it was always part of my childhood. When I was growing up in the Philippines, my family always vacationed up in a mountain town called Baguoi City where the weather is a little cooler during the holidays. During those trips, we made sure to stop by Good Shepherd– a religious convent that sells the best sweet treats, and buy Chocolate Crinkles for the trip. So when I eat these cookies, it takes me back to simpler and fun times with the family. Of course, I had to make these cookie low carb so I can eat more of them and special thanks to my aunt Stella for sharing her dough trick which you’ll see in the instructions below.
Want more delish and easy low carb recipes? Check out all our low carb recipes and show off your version on the ‘gram. Follow us on instagram and use #hsfteam for your food posts so we can give you some love too.
Macros: makes 10 – 12 cookies
- Calories 98 kcal
- Carbs 2.9g
- Protein 3.4g
- Fat 7.6g
- 1 1/4 c almond flour
- 1/4 c classic monk fruit sweetener
- 1/4 c cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 c lakanto maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp classic monkfruit sweetener
- 1/2 c sugar free powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix. Add your wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Cover the bowl and let sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before baking.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar topping and mix.
- Remove the bowl from fridge. Scoop out cookie dough and form circles. Drop the circle dough in the sugar mixture and completely cover. Put the dough on the baking tray.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 mins, until they have spread and tender around the edges. Let it cool completely before sifting extra sugar topping on top.
Download Our 7 Day Dance And Detox And Get More Low Carb RecipesFor our 7 Day Dance And Detox Challenge, you get to try 4 premium dance workouts from our studio FREE! The complete challenge includes:
- 7 days of dance workouts
- build muscle through resistance training
- 11 low carb recipes that help give your metabolism a boost
- Meal-by-meal plan
- A supportive community of women and more…