Keto CookiesI used to bake cookies all the time, but living with PCOS I had to slow down on the cookie consumption and live that keto lifestyle. Luckily, I came upon this idea of ginger and turmeric cookies on instagram because I need my keto snacks!
I am a big big fan of ginger, from tea’s to Japanese food pairings and desserts. Did you know that one of gingers health benefit is to help relieve gastrointestinal irritation? Consuming ginger stimulates the creation of saliva and improves the movement in your GI tract! What an awesome super food, right? Then combine it with another trending super food named turmeric and you’re in business. Turmeric is an ingredient I’m trying to put in more of my recipes. It has so many good qualities!! What does turmeric bring to the table you ask? It has natural anti-inflammatory compounds that can help prevent chronic diseases. I couldn’t believe I could add all these wonderful ingredients to something so delicious as a keto cookie! So maybe now they’ll start saying “A cookie a day, keeps the doctor away” 😉
Ginger Turmeric Keto CookieMakes 12 cookies
- Keto Cookie Macros:
- Calories 160g
- Carbs 2.3g
- Protein 5.3g
- Fat 2.7g
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 cup Swerve granulated sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp grated or ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the almond butter and Swerve in a bow and mix until combined.
- Add vanilla, egg and egg yolk then mix.
- Add the cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, nutmeg, baking soda and salt and mix, but don’t over mix.
- Put in shredded coconut and pecans and mix until just combined. The batter will be thick and if it’s still crumbly, mix a little longer.
- Scoop a tablespoon of dough and place on parchment paper. Use a spoon or an ice cream scoop of your choice. Press on ball of dough with your hands to slightly flatten them.
- Bake for 12 minutes and let them cool for a few minutes. The cookies will be very soft coming out of the oven, after letting them cool, transfer to a cooling rack before serving.
Download Our 6 Day Hip Hop Reboot And Get More Keto RecipesFor our 6 Day Hip Hop Reboot, you get to try 4 premium dance workouts from our studio FREE! The complete challenge includes:
- 6 days of hip hop cardio dance workouts
- build muscle through resistance training
- 9 healthy recipes that help give your metabolism a boost
- Meal-by-meal plan
- A supportive community of women and more…