80’s Dance Moves BabyIn the 80’s movies like the Breakfast Club and Footloose ruled and you couldn’t get away from these dance moves! Even today, they’ve become iconic and a total crowd pleaser. Checkout now Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez doing the popular dances from the Breakfast Club when she was in high school. Can you say #girlcrush??💪🏼💜
The 80’s was a decade filled with teen movies, Madonna, new wave and so much mind blowing entertainment and the dance moves were no exception. My personal favorite is the robot and of course, wearing leg warmers while I dance. I remember seeing these dance moves on TV and I couldn’t wait to try it out. I wish I had these awesome resources to really learn how to do the dances when I was younger. I’d have to wait and keep watching MTV to see the same Madonna or MJ video just so I can mimic the dancing again. Now we have choreographers creating 80’s inspired dances or better yet, how to videos for classic 80’s dance moves. I’ve compiled some of my faves so let’s travel back in time and dance to these bombdiggity moves.
1. Sunglasses At Night 80’s Barre WorkoutDiane created an 80’s inspired barre choreography that will remind you of your own crushes back then! Corey Hart was her knight in shining armor, who was yours? You’ll be doing the grapevine, robot punches and so many more that will make you time travel back to the good ol’ days.
2. Shuffling Since The 80’sDid you know that the shuffle started in the 80’s?? Yeah babe, we’ve been shuffling for decades! It started in Melbourne and made its way across the globe through raves. Honestly, shuffling is a great workout for your legs and even your core, so make sure you shuffle everyday 🙃
3. The Cabbage PatchNow we’re getting into the classics. This 80’s dance move was actually named after the Cabbage Patch Kids, but with the word cabbage used as a slang for money. You were definitely the cool kid when you used this dance move. The cabbage patch is still being used to this day in weddings and dances, but it’s not as cool as it once was.
4. Mr. RobotoMy favorite, the robot is such a legendary move, I don’t care if people think it’s dorky! When done properly, this illusionary dance move blows people’s minds. Although it’s been around since the 20’s in the miming days, it didn’t go mainstream until the 80’s. I still use this move today and I will never stop!
More Dance Workouts Anytime, AnywhereWe’ve got a lot of moves from every decade that you can access whenever and wherever you are! Dance workouts on your schedule and your pace.
Download Our 6 Day Hip Hop Reboot And Join Our Inclusive CommunityFor our 6 Day Hip Hop Reboot, you get to try 4 premium dance workouts from our studio FREE! The complete challenge includes:
- 6 days of hip hop cardio dance workouts
- build muscle through resistance training
- 9 healthy recipes that help give your metabolism a boost
- Meal-by-meal plan
- A supportive community of women and more…