Have you ever written a letter to your future self? It’s very interesting to read your emotions and your true self at that moment in time. Why should you right a letter to yourself? How do you even start?
Letter To Your Future SelfThink back to exactly one year ago. What were you doing? Who were you spending time with? How were you feeling? I bet you’d have to think real hard or you might not even be able to answer it at all. Wouldn’t it be lovely to see through your own eyes one year ago today?A letter to your future self can help you look back on your personal progress. I love setting goals and checking myself in the future to see if I reached them or even surpassed them. This is a great exercise to see your evolution as a person and it also helps with looking at your life from the outside. You can see the good things, big or small, that’s happened in your life that will make you feel warm and fuzzy and grateful. Start with a letter for your future self in one year. This is a great starting point because even though a year seems like a long time, it will go by quick! I’ve got prompts to get your letter started below. So grab a pen and paper (or open that e-paper for my virtual babes) and let’s start writing.
How To Start Your Letter
1. Try using promptsPrompts help you think about what happened in the past year and help get those gears working and thinking about what you want to change in the future for the better.
- What moments brought me the greatest joy last year?
- What moments were most challenging from last year?
- Who are the people that matter the most?
- What do I want to reboot in 2019?
2. Goals, goals, goalsNot just personal goals, but goals you want to achieve with others can go in your letter as well. Consider family goals, relationship goals and work goals.
3. The future freaks me outDon’t be afraid to write down your fears and anxieties about the future. When you read it a year later, you’ll see that you had nothing to worry about. Also write down what has gone right and wrong the past year and what you’ve learned from it.
4. How to send my letterThere are different ways to send yourself a letter in the future:
- Ask a family member to hold on to it and set ask them to set a reminder for them to send or give you the letter on your specific date
- Try a service like Dear Future Me. They will store your letter and send it to you when you want it
- Want to write a future email to yourself? Future Me let’s you draft an email and send it on your date of choice.
5. Download our templateOur 6 Day Hip Hop Reboot have these prompts and of course, 6 days of hip hop cardio workouts plus 9 delish recipes you can keep forever.
Download Our 6 Day Hip Hop Reboot And Get Started On Your Dance Journey TodayFor our 6 Day Hip Hop Reboot, you get to try 4 premium dance workouts from our studio FREE! The complete challenge includes:
- 6 days of hip hop cardio dance workouts
- build muscle through resistance training
- 9 healthy recipes that help give your metabolism a boost
- Meal-by-meal plan
- A supportive community of women and more…