Visualizing TechniquesEvery second of our existence we act as human magnets sending out our thoughts and emotions and attracting back what we put out in the universe. This goes with every aspect of our life– career, health, love, etc. How do you start? What needs to change sooner than later?
Personally, for me, writing things down helps me visualize big and small goals. I like being able to see the tasks at hand, figure out which ones to prioritize and how long each task would take to achieve. There are three key exercises that help me with visualizing my goals and help me live a healthier lifestyle: meditation, gratefulness and positivity. There are many ways to visualize a healthier you and these three keys will help you get there faster. Ever since I added these three exercises to my daily life I’ve felt more energized, more jazzed about my day, more focused and less stressed. Of course, I mix this with dance workouts and that’s become the perfect equation for my vision of a healthy lifestyle.
1. Keep Your Head ClearHaving a clear mind is a big part of a healthy lifestyle. Clutter isn’t just physical, it’s mental too. When your head is clear, it’s easier to visualize your goals all together. So how do you keep your head clear of mental clutter? My go to exercise is meditation. If you’ve never tried it, I suggest getting meditation support from apps like Calm, Stop Breathe Think or Chopra Center. I usually meditate right after I wake up, that way I release happy endorphins through my body and start the day on the right foot. Meditation helps your glands secrete endorphins which makes us feel good– emotionally and physically. It doesn’t take a lot of your time, I promise. Even just five minutes of meditation a day will make a difference. Try it for yourself and get a better overall sense of well-being and set a tone of calm for the days, weeks and months ahead.
2. Stay GratefulPracticing gratefulness keeps your mind at ease and keeps your soul happy. Gratefulness is a very high vibrational energy and when you’re grateful, you see the world in a different light. Develop the practice of expressing appreciation for yourself on a daily basis.It doesn’t have to be anything big, it can be little appreciations too. Write it down or type it up on your phone. I keep a gratitude journal where I write down 3 things I’m grateful for every night before going to bed. Start with thinking about yourself and what you appreciate about you. It can be anything from not hitting snooze this morning, taking the time to workout or for being brave and going for that promotion. Then when you get the hang of self appreciation, take a minute to look at your surroundings. You’ve passed this way everyday, is there something that you might’ve taken for granted? A tree that blocks the sun on your drive or street art that always makes you smile? These little nuggets are truly part of your day and when you stay grateful, everything comes together.
3. Turn Negative Thoughts Into Positive OnesIt’s really hard to attract the right and best things for your health when you’re consumed by negative thoughts. They say like attracts like, so if you’re releasing negative energy then you’ll also attract it. What should we do? We need to keep ourselves in check when it comes to negativity. How do we practice that? We need to learn how to release those negative energies and move it from your subconscious to the conscious realm and then make them work for you aka make them positive. Acknowledge the thoughts that weigh you down with releasing statements like “I forgive myself for giving up”. You can also turn statements to a question from “I don’t have time” to “Am I willing to make time?” Negativity also takes a toll on our physical body because when you think negative thoughts, your body associates it with anxiety, fear, stress and anger. The best way to tackle this is to write those negative thoughts down and really look at them. It’s always better to get thoughts out of your head and into the universe, then you can analyze these thoughts and make them work for you.
Join Our Inclusive and Positive Dance Tribe and get more visualization techniques and lifestyle prompts
We’re your go-to on-demand dance classes. We incorporate visualization techniques and lifestyle prompts for our challenges because believe that it’s important to have a strong mind, body and heart!
Join our dance studio today!
Download Our 6 Day Hip Hop Reboot And Get Started On Your Dance Journey TodayFor our 6 Day Hip Hop Reboot, you get to try 4 premium dance workouts from our studio FREE! The complete challenge includes:
- 6 days of hip hop cardio dance workouts
- goal setting writing prompts
- build muscle through resistance training
- 9 healthy recipes that help give your metabolism a boost
- Meal-by-meal plan
- A supportive community of women and more…