How To Twerk
Twerking can be intimidating and often times people assume you need a big butt to be able to do it. Well I got news for yah, I’m a small booty chick and all I want to do is twerk it! I learned from the best, Nicole and you can too. I love her spunky attitude and no non-sense way of teaching. She makes you feel very comfortable and very sexy in your own skin. Plus, I don’t know about you, but have you seen her twerk? It’s mesmerizing. She’s amazing and she’s a total booty inspiration. So I channel my inner Nicole and try to reach my twerk dreams 😉🍑
1. Basic Twerk DanceFirst things first, you better squat, babe. Stay in a squat position, hands on your thighs for support and pop your lower back muscle up and in. That’s your basic twerk. This is a great lower back, abs, legs and booty workout– try this move a few times slow and then speed up. You’ll really feel that total body burn.
2. Side To Side TwerkThis is a little fun variation to the Basic Twerk. You switch your weight between your legs while you pop that booty. I think the challenging part about this move is staying on beat. Since you’re switching from side to side, sometimes you get confused with which muscles to move. Keep practicing and I promise, muscle memory will kick in.
3. High Low TwerkWe twerk high, we twerk low. Using your chest, stand up straight and pump it forward then bend down to a basic twerk! Repeat that a few times and add a little speed and you’ll be in business. Challenge yourself and change the levels from going up to going even lower. Of course, don’t forget to add your own flavor to your twerk and let that booty fly, babe.
Private Twerk Dance LessonYour very own twerk lesson from Nicole is here. Don’t be ashamed of your booty game, girl.
Download Our 6 Day Hip Hop Reboot And Get Started On Your Dance Journey TodayFor our 6 Day Hip Hop Reboot, you get to try 4 premium dance workouts from our studio FREE! The complete challenge includes:
- 6 days of hip hop cardio dance workouts
- Twerk dance workouts from Nicole
- build muscle through resistance training
- 9 healthy recipes that help give your metabolism a boost
- Meal-by-meal plan
- A supportive community of women and more…